From Pipelines to Platforms: Creating New Business Models to Rewire the Value Chain
About Boris Kheyn-Kheyfets:
Boris Kheyn-Kheyfets is the Life Sciences Health Care Platforms and Ecosystems Leader at Deloitte. He has over 12 years of experience in growth strategy, advising the largest plans, providers, and life science companies. Boris works routinely with the leading health tech companies (private and public) to alleviate the unmet needs of his clients. Most recently, he has worked with national health plans and major health systems to launch new platform businesses and formulate partnerships across the ecosystem. Prior to Deloitte, Boris worked in venture capital and startups, evaluating investment opportunities in digital health. Boris holds an MBA from Columbia University and a BA in Economics from UCLA
Deloitte refers to one or more of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee (“DTTL”), its network of member firms, and their related entities. DTTL and each of its member firms are legally separate and independent entities. DTTL (also referred to as “Deloitte Global”) does not provide services to clients. In the United States, Deloitte refers to one or more of the US member firms of DTTL, their related entities that operate using the “Deloitte” name in the United States, and their respective affiliates. Certain services may not be available to attest clients under the rules and regulations of public accounting. Please see www.deloitte.com/about to learn more about our global network of member firms.
Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of our legal structure.
Things You’ll Learn:
- The healthcare industry’s shift towards platform-based business models has the potential to unlock $100 billion in value by 2025 through increased collaboration and innovation.
- Platform-enabled ecosystems can enhance health equity by linking patients with suitable community-based resources, requiring advanced tech and comprehensive patient profiles.
- Creating and maintaining a platform business is a complex challenge, requiring careful consideration of technology, capabilities, and partnerships for long-term success.
- Technology is pivotal in platform-enabled ecosystems, facilitating connections among stakeholders and enabling efficient service and information exchange.
- Minimal viable ecosystems allow organizations to pilot and assess different platform concepts before full-scale implementation, testing the viability of platform models.
- Connect with and follow Boris Kheyn-Kheyfets on LinkedIn.
- Follow Monitor Deloitte on LinkedIn.
- Follow Deloitte on LinkedIn.
- Discover Deloitte’s website!
- Read more about The Future of Health here.
- Check out the book “Platform Revolution” by Geoffrey G. Parker, Marshall W. Van Alstyne, and Sangeet Paul Choudary here!
- Read Deloitte’s “The Power of Digital Health Care Ecosystems” report here!
- Read Deloitte’s report, “New business models in health care: Building Platform-enabled Ecosystems,” here!
- Read Deloitte Insights’ “Health tech trends” report here.
- Check out Deloitte’s video, “Platform-Enabled Ecosystems: How they work for life sciences and health care,” here!